How Cashback Sites work
Online shops want as many customers as they can get. One of the ways they can get them is to reward other websites that direct traffic their ways. Often if you click on an advertisement on a website and go on to buy something, the online store will give a reward payment to the website that hosted the ad (either paying them directly or through an affiliate scheme).
Cashback Websites take this reward from the online store and share it with their members. By Clicking through their special link to get to the online shop, they get paid a reward and they in turn will share a percentage with you.
All the sites work slightly differently:
- Some will give you 100% cashback and make their money through a yearly admin fee (Fee taken from any rewards you make. - You should NEVER have to pay any money up front).
- Some take a small fee for withdrawing cash - Sometimes varying depending on the method of payment.
- Most will require you to have a certain amount of earnings before you can withdraw money.
- Many will give you a reward for joining but the reward will be subject to you reaching their minimum payment amount
- Many will reward you for referring your friends using special emails/links - but often only after your friend has earned a specified amount.
- Some sites will not only reward you for making a purchase, but also for performing some action such as signing up to an offer or clicking through to a website and performing a search. (Listed on this site as ‘Daily Clicks’ but but they can be listed under various names)